Just like the classic ’60s hit song “Do You Believe in Magic?” by The Lovin’ Spoonful, I am wondering if manufacturers and industrial companies believe in their industrial websites.
I am not so sure manufacturing companies are fully convinced that their website is a real sales tool. My doubts stem from some of the things that I hear in my regular conversations with these companies. Here are a few actual sound bites:
- We are still using our first website that was created by our president’s 23-year old son-in-law
- We didn’t want to spend too much money so we hired an offshore programmer from a freelance site to design our company’s website
- We spent a lot of money on SEO and PPC programs but our site hasn’t generated good quality leads
- We are not very happy with the look of our site and we want a good designer to make our site look really “cool”
- We put up a website because all our competitors have one
- We don’t really use the website because 80-90% of our new business comes from referrals and repeat business