You know that old saying, there’s no such thing as bad press? Well you don’t have to resort to bad press to get some media exposure. Here are a few great ways to gain media exposure for your business and keep everyone happy.
- Publish Content – Whether it is a case study, a special report or any kind of "How-to" guide or course, it is a great way to gain exposure for your business. You can publish press releases online and for your local media to promote the content.
- Publish notable company news – If your business undergoes significant changes or achieves a notable accomplishment, by all means issue a press release.
- Interview or be interviewed – Interviewing an expert, or being interviewed, is a great way to garner more attention for your business and put the focus on your expertise. If you’re interviewing an expert in your industry, issue a press release and send out announcements so people know how to access the interview.
- Host an event – Workshops, seminars, and other events generate interest. Issue a press release announcing the event and issue a press release once it’s completed. Let reader’s know what they have to gain from attending and give journalists the vital statistics like how many attended and the topic of the seminar or purpose for the event.
- Capitalize on current trends – For example, if you’re a professional coach, you could capitalize on the current unemployment trend and talk about "how to polish your resume", "stay focused on the positive," or even "how to reinvent yourself." All of these can use the help of a professional coach and highlight a current trend.
- Support a local cause – Ideally, you’ll choose a cause that relates to your business. Sponsoring events will get tremendous local media exposure for you and your business.
- Make friends with the media – Connections go a long way toward getting you the media exposure your business needs. Local media can be a huge stepping-stone to state and national media because the big media companies often get their leads from the smaller news organizations. Media sites like Google News are a great way to generate a buzz and get your company the attention you need.
Gaining media exposure requires a plan, setting goals, and then following through on the steps necessary to let the world know who you are and what you’re about. It may not happen overnight, however, through diligence you can gain the media exposure you desire.